We only use Conflict Free Diamonds and Gemstones From Australia, Canada and Russia
Can you tell us what’s special about your business?
Bashford Jewelry is an Eco Friendly and Sustainable Jewelry Online Store. Our Mission is to create beautiful jewelry using ethical labor and environmentally responsible sourcing. We research all our diamonds origins, create awareness, and give back to charities we believe in.
What motivated you to start an eco-friendly business/brand?
Bashford Jewelry was founded with the motivation of creating a more sustainable and responsible jewelry industry. We only use Conflict Free Diamonds and Recycled Precious Metals.
What green issues are you most passionate about?
Bashford Jewelry is passionate about reducing the impact of environmentally harmful practices in jewelry creation, chemical disposal and packaging.
How do we do it?
- We only use recycled metals
- Only use Conflict Free Diamonds and Gemstones From Australia, Canada and Russia
- Use vintage, Upcycled vintage materials
- Use artisanal methods – non-toxic and with low energy requirements
- Recycle: metal scrap, paper scrap, packaging and shipping materials, as well as use proper chemical disposal procedures and energy-efficient practices in their studios and workshops
- Our lovely packaging is all recycled, recyclable or both.
What advice would you have for other aspiring social and green entrepreneurs?
It takes a lot to start a business, and it’s not always easy. Reaching sustainable success requires a lot of research and creativity. It’s more than just getting a new company off the ground because we’re concerned about the environment, too. The good news is, there are plenty of ways to start a business and keep things green. Research And research. You need to know how things affect the environment and come up with unique, business-worthy ways to make a positive impact.